We know that many of you are adjusting to a new home office environment. Here are suggestions to help create a work space that enhances wellness and reduces stress.
HOW TO MAKE IT PRODUCTIVE, COMFORTABLE
PRIORITISE YOUR WELLBEING
Investing in your health and wellness is important to happiness. Make time to stretch between work and online meetings. Don’t eat junk food like soda & fries. Reach for water and fruits instead. Take 15-minute interval breaks to recharge. Be kind to yourself as you adjust to your new work environment.
DIFFUSE ESSSENTIAL OILS
One of our favourite blends to diffuse to boost your mood and soothe your nerves while working from home is De-stress with lavender, mandarin, patchouli & yarrow essential oils. Or if you need a boost diffuse Focus to stay sharp and alert with lemon, rosemary, peppermint and geranium
ESTABLISH A WORK ZONE
The Harvard Business Review wrote a great article commending the benefits, both physically and mentally, of devoting your energy to top-priority issues. Many employees are juggling family and work tasks, and find it difficult to pay attention to their core work tasks.
- Create a dedicated space and working hours. If you have a spouse or housemates also working from home, if possible, try to set up separate working spaces so you don’t distract one another.
- Have a work routine every day, treat it like a real job.
- Write down the daily tasks to be achieved, be focused.
- Take regular breaks with brief exercise and stretches to keep your body in shape.
- Keep your spirits up, working from home can feel lonely. Check in regularly with your work mates for face to face contact.
- Stock your work area with products you can use to protect and enhance your wellbeing ; A spritz of your favourite mist, like Clean Air or Lemongrass spray to cleanse and uplift the environment. Diffuse De-Stress to ground you. Instead of defaulting to a coffee run, consider diffusing the refreshing blend of Energise, which is blended with grapefruit, lime, lemon, lemongrass and ginger to improve your mood and help you feel more alert.
ELEVATE THE VIBE OF YOUR SPACE
Office workers universally agree: Dull fluorescent lights can cause eye strain and tired eyes especially as the day goes on. Proper lighting can make a difference, consider pushing your makeshift desk close to your nearest window, the natural light will instantly refresh you and boost your body’s Vitamin D. While you’re at it, place some house plants nearby; studies show that greenery increases employees productivity by 15%.
STAYING WELL START WITH SLEEP
When you are feeling overwhelmed and uncertain, it can be difficult to get to sleep. One of best things we can do for our health is to get sufficient sleep as it helps us process our thoughts and allows our body to repair & strengthen daily. Sleep matters now more than ever, and we could use a relaxing bedtime routine.
To cozy up, consider switching on your diffuser with Peaceful diffusion blend to promote a deep restful sleep with pure essential oils of lavender, orange, bergamot, yang ylang, marjoram, sandalwood and chamomile.